Air & Gas Specifications
Although we specialize in the analysis of thousands of compressed breathing air samples, we also provide services to customers with Non-Breathing Air and Pure Gas analysis. Whether you are establishing a management plan or testing to comply with a given specification, our knowledgeable staff can assist you by providing:
- Analysis of pure gases such as Argon, Nitrogen, Nitrous Oxide, and Oxygen.
- Air analysis for argon, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, condensed hydrocarbons, methane, nitrogen, nitrogen oxides, oil aerosol, oil vapor, organic compound identification and/or quantification, oxygen, particulates (particle size count and mass concentrations), sulfur dioxide, total halogenated hydrocarbons, total volatile hydrocarbons, and water vapor.
- Design of Compressed Air & Gas Sampling Equipment specifically for your application if needed.
- Research to determine if applicable standards are available.
Many of our customers have established their own criteria by monitoring the performance of the system over a given time period, reviewing literature/specifications, evaluating equipment parameters, and determining company objectives. After a thorough evaluation, specification limits are established and implemented into a management plan. The following are commonly used air & gas specifications. If the specification you need is not listed below, please Contact Us. We have many more air & gas specifications in our database. If you need a custom specification, Contact Us with your requirements, and we will provide a quote.
A Select List of Compressed Air & Gas Specifications
- Airline Respirator Compressed Air Specifications
- ANSI / ISA Compressed Air Specifications
- BCAS Food Grade Air Purity Compressed Air Specifications
- Commercial / Government Diving Compressed Air Specifications
- ISO 8573-1:2010 Compressed Air Specifications
- ISPE Good Practice Guide Compressed Air Specifications
- Medical Gas Compressed Air Specifications
- Microbial / Cleanroom Compressed Air Classifications
- Pure Gas Air Quality Specifications
- SCBA Compressed Air Specifications
- SCUBA / Sport Diving Compressed Air Specifications
Also on this page:
- BCAS Fact Sheet No. 304
- Carbon Dioxide TechNote
- OSHA’s Inspection Procedures For Respiratory Protection Standard
- OSHA’s Small Entity Compliance Guide
BCAS Fact Sheet No. 304
Discusses the replacement of BS 4275:1997 with BS EN 529:2005. This standard references air purity requirements from BS EN 12021, which is used in the UK and EU. Updated March 24, 2009
Carbon Dioxide TechNote
This TechNote from Trace Analytics, LLC discusses a high volume of samples that failed to meet a carbon dioxide level of 500 ppm. (CGA Grade E standard has been changed to allow 1,000 ppm.) The article contains valuable information on determining intake location and pipe size, molecular sieves & why they cannot consistently remove large amounts of CO2, pressure drops, and general guidelines for assuring a safe breathing air supply.
OSHA’s Inspection Procedures For Respiratory Protection Standard
This instruction establishes agency interpretations and enforcement policies, and provides instructions to ensure uniform enforcement of the Respiratory Protection Standard, 29 CFR 1910.134.
OSHA’s Small Entity Compliance Guide
This guide is intended to help small businesses comply with the Respiratory Protection standard. It provides guidance only, and does not alter or determine compliance responsibilities, which are set forth in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards and the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
Help us fix it - Report a Bug